How to book your stay inside Dhikala Forest Rest house at Jim Corbett National Park?
Residing at the Dhikala forest Rest houses can be a dream for many while it can sound scary to some and challenging to others. Amidst the forest’s denseness, staying at the Dhikala forest lodge is very different from the stay at resorts. Thus serving the interests of hardcore adventure and nature lover, there are procedures which are required to be followed by every visitor.
And here are the lists of points to be considered while booking a stay inside the forest.
- Staying at the forest doesn’t come easy you need to have the patience for it. Therefore, the bookings for the forest lodges in dhikala have to be done in advance which must be 45 days prior to the stay. Whereas the rule for the foreigners differs from the Indian citizen, a foreigner is expected to pre-book the accommodation before 90 days of the arrival from the government booking portal www.corbettonline.uk.gov.in
- The Dhikala Zone have different rest houses at different locations of the forest name as Sultan Forest Lodge, Sarapduli forest lodge, Gairal Forest Lodge, Dhikala Old Forest Rest House, Dhikala New Forest Resort House, are not privately owned their supervisions are completed and undertook by the officials of the forest.
- With a comfortable and decent set of rooms, you get to have your lunch, dinner, and breakfast at the canteen which serves delicious vegetarian food.
- Non-veg food and alcohol are strictly not allowed in the forest rest house. For the regular and normal supplies of essentials, the shop at the canteen suffices the needs of the daily requirements.
- With the permit issued by forest department you get to enter the dhikala entry gate of the particular Dhikala Safari zone. And with the jeep ride, you reach the rest house viewing at the amazing picturesque jungle with rivers, mountains, etc.
- The details that are required to be followed by the guests comprises of sharing of identity proofs, date of arrival and date of departures, permanent address, number of rooms required, phone number, etc. at the time of booking the forest rest house.
- You are only required to book your accommodation for a maximum of 2 nights.
- Any camping or fire activities are not allowed in the forest. And your bookings are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- A vehicle charge includes the cost of the driver, jeep ride, food, and allowance.
The points mentioned conveniently answer all your doubts and questions on the bookings of forest rest. We hope the provided information serves the purpose.